Looking to rent a place in Southwest Florida? Premier Property Management offers some of the best benefits around. From great rewards for paying your rent on time to our online tenant portal where you can quickly make payments, we make things easy! We also offer 24/7 maintenance requests with live updates, concierge services, and so much more.
• Processing an application normally takes between 1-3 hours by Premier Property management. In some cases approval of homeowner associations, condo associations, homeowners, or unforeseen circumstances may require some applications up to 20 days prior to the move in date. You will be contacted immediately upon determination of approval or denial. All adult applicants over the age of 18 must submit a fully completed, dated and signed rental application and application fee.
• No rental property will be held vacant for more than two days without a $600 deposit, unless approved by Premier Property Management.
• If you decide to apply to rent one of our properties, there is a $150.00 per adult application fee that is "non-refundable". This fee must accompany the completed application form provided to you by our leasing agents. Incomplete applications or applications submitted without the proper application fees will not be considered and application fees will not be refunded for incomplete applications.
• Our leases are currently prepared by an Attorney at Law to comply with Florida laws. If you are approved to lease one of our properties, there is a one-time lease closing cost of $50.00 to cover our administrative cost and the cost in preparing your lease.
• Some Homeowner and Condominium Associations may require a separate application and fees, you must also apply separately to such homeowners or condominium association and remit whatever other application fee may be required. (Owners may split the costs under certain circumstances).
• Upon receipt of your rental application and application fee, you can expect and hereby authorize that we will:
1. Check your credit report
2. Check the national eviction database for any past evictions
3. Verify your employment
4. Verify your previous landlord references
5. Complete a national criminal background check
• We would encourage you not to apply if you have bad references, have ever been evicted in the past 4 years, or have a felony criminal record.
• Co-signers may be considered on an individual basis.
• Once you have been notified of your approval, you must place (at a minimum) a holding deposit (by cashier's check or money order), equal to at least $450, within 48 hours of your approval notification. Once approved and payment of the holding deposit is paid your holding deposit is non-refundable. In the event that you fail to enter into the lease agreement or refuse to take possession of the property on or before the lease start date, you shall forfeit these funds as liquidated damages. Due to the high demand for rental homes, we will not hold the property you applied for off the rental market for more than 48 hours unless you provide the required holding deposit. If you do not comply with this requirement, we may rent the home you applied for to someone else, and your application fee is non-refundable.
• All applicants must see the interior of the property before an application can be submitted (either in person or via internet). The property must be accepted in, "AS IS" condition before an application can be accepted, except where there is written agreement for maintenance or repair items form the management team. Any such maintenance or repair request (if any) must be written and included with your application as an addendum, signed by the leasing agent. If your maintenance and repair request are acceptable to Premier Property Management, then that agreement will be written in the lease or lease addendum. Verbal representations are non-binding. In the event that the manager shall receive two or more unrelated applications for the same property, the applicant understands the manager may select the applicant desiring the property in "AS IS" condition, over another applicant requesting maintenance or repairs. In all cases, the application fee is Non-Refundable.
• All initial funds, the holding deposit - first months rent and security deposit must be paid by cash, check, or money order payable to "Premier Property Management".
• Applicants must have a combined gross income of at least three (3) times the monthly rent. Incomes must be verified before the lease signing. (applicant may provide recent pay stubs) A minimum of two years residential history is required. Rental history must be rated satisfactory or better, with no record of evictions. We reserve the right to require a co-signer and/or a higher security deposit. Co-signers are accepted at the managers discretion only, must meet all requirements, and must reside in the State of Florida.
• Self employed applicants may be required to produce upon request two (2) years of signed tax returns or IRS 1099 forms. Non-employed applicants must provide proof of income and or proof of funds.
• Credit history and/or Civil Court Records must not contain slow pays, judgments, eviction filings, collections, liens or bankruptcy within the past three (3) years. We will not provide you with the credit report or tell you of its contents; however, we will provide you with the name of the credit reporting agency so you may receive a copy from the credit bureau. We will ask questions regarding the any items on the credit report. All information collected for the approval or denial of this application is considered confidential in nature and for company use only.
• If you have been convicted of a felony within the past seven (7) years, this is cause for rejection. Applicant must not have a felony record that was adjudicated guilty or had adjudication withheld for the past seven (7) years, or any conviction of any length of time for any drug related, sexual related, murder related or arson related crime.
• Valid current photo ID documentation (driver's license, military ID, or State ID) is required.
• Previous rental history reports from previous landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, disturbances or illegal activities, no NSF checks, and no damage to rental property or failure to leave the property clean and without damage when you left the property.
• Current occupancy standards are a maximum of 2 persons per bedroom, except for infants under 4 years of age. However, some city and county municipalities and/or homeowners associations prohibit more than two (2) unrelated adults to reside in a single family dwelling unit.
• No pets (with the exception of medically necessary pets) of any kind are permitted without the consent of Premier Property Management and a pet addendum in the lease document. An additional Non-refundable pet application fee of $250.00 per pet may be applicable. Some properties may require higher pet fees or higher rent amounts. If a higher pet fee or rent amount is required, you will be notified at the time of the application. The following pets will not be accepted under any circumstances, GERMAN SHEPHERDS, DOBERMANS, PIT BULLS, CHOWS, and/or ROTTWEILERS.
• Some Homeowner and Condominium Associations may require a separate application. If so, you must also apply separately to such association and approval by the homeowners or condo association is a necessary prerequisite to our approval of your application.
• Security deposits are security for faithful performance by tenants of all terms, covenants, and conditions of the lease agreement and tenants may under no circumstances utilize the security deposit for any rent due. Unless claimed due to a breach of lease or damages, the security deposit is refundable when the tenants move out of the property at the expiration of the lease term, except that $175.00 of the deposit is non-refundable as a departure cleaning fee to a local, licensed, vendor paid upon the closing of the lease agreement.
• Any exceptions to these criteria will need to be submitted in writing to Premier Property Management for consideration. If approval is then given for such exceptions, additional security deposit, co-signers and/or additional "higher" rent may be required.
• Rental rates quoted are the rental amounts due if paid on time, (on or before the 4th of each month by 5:00 PM) otherwise; the rent is at least $50.00 more that month and possibly higher if rents are severely delinquent.
• Keys will be released on the first (1st) day of occupancy as stated in the lease agreement. Request for keys earlier must be accompanied with additional pro-rated rent and must have Premier Property management's prior approval.
• Maintenance and Repair - When you rent a home from our company, we strive to ensure that all items are in good working order. Please report any maintenance or repair request that needs immediate attention during your first 5 days of possession of the rental unit.
• Multiple Applications - It is entirely possible that Premier Property Management may receive multiple applications from unrelated individual applicants on the same property at approximately the same time. If such is the case, we will process all applications for consideration as to what we (in our sole discretion) deem the best applicant, which may not necessarily be the first application received. In such cases, more than one applicant may be approvable, however only one will eventually be approved. Because we represent the best interest of the rental property, we will accept the best application, which may not necessarily be the first application received. In order to evaluate the various applications it is necessary for Premier Property Management to expend time and cost in credit reports, criminal reports, and other administrative cost. Hence, our policy that the application fee is Non-refundable. If your application is approvable, but not the approved one for the property for which you are applying, you may consider applying for other available properties that we may have, without payment of an additional application fee.
• Leasing Consultants – Premier Property Management provides leasing consultants to grant you access to preview our properties, to distribute rental information, applications, rental process and application disclosures and contracts to lease our properties. Once your application is submitted to a manager at Premier Property Management, the approval/denial and negotiation process (if any) will be handled by the property manager in charge of the property for which you are applying.
This "Rental Process and Application Disclosure" is hereby made an integral part of my/our rental application. I/we do hereby acknowledge that I/we understand and agree to the terms of application and rental process as described herein. I/we further acknowledge that I/we have seen and previewed the rental property (both inside and outside) for which we are applying.